The School of Chemistry Equality Diversity and Inclusion Committee
The Committee seeks to advance equality, inclusion and diversity within the School of Chemistry. We aim to build the foundations for an inclusive and productive workplace in which all individuals can achieve their best and where diversity is valued. To achieve this, we seek to provide equal opportunities and equal expectations for individuals, regardless of their gender identity or expression, race, culture, sexual identity or any other attribute.
The committee was setup in January 2020 and replaced the previous Athena SWAN self assessment team (ASSAT). This was a reflection of the broader remit of the committee.
Terms of Reference
- To hold regular meetings as a full committee and working groups to promote equality, diversity and inclusion in the School.
- To provide an effective forum for equality, diversity and inclusion discussions.
- To raise awareness and understanding of the issues of equality, diversity and inclusion within the School.
- To encourage the development of new practice and initiatives on equality, diversity and inclusion.
- To monitor the fairness and robustness of school policies, processes and procedures.
- To collate and analyse equality, diversity and inclusion data including the generation of an annual report.
- To oversee the writing and submission of Athena SWAN award renewals.
- To help the HoS and School Exec to implement the AS Action Plan.
- To help disseminate good equality, diversity and inclusion practice outside the department (aspirational).
- Terms of membership will be four years, renewable once.
- Chair (AS Champion)
- Deputy-Chair (AS Champion)
- Academic Staff Member
- Junior Academic Staff Member
- Teaching Fellow / Education Officer
- Technical Staff Member
- Administrative Staff Member
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Postgraduate Student
- Undergraduate Student
- TCD EDI member
- Member from another School (AS Champion)
- Other external member(s)
- Head of School Ex officio
- School Manager Ex officio
- Freshman coordinator Ex officio
Click here to see the current or past members of the committee.