List of Publications:
1. P. E. Colavita, B. Sun, X. Wang and R. J. Hamers, "Influence of surface termination and electronic structure on the photochemical grafting of alkenes to carbon surfaces", Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2008, submitted.
2. P. E. Colavita, B. Sun, K. Y. Tse and R. J. Hamers, "Photo-induced Surface Functionalization of Carbon Surfaces: The Role of Photoelectron Ejection ", Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology A, 2008, in press.
3. P. E. Colavita, J. A. Streifer, B. Sun, X. Y. Wang, P. Warf and R. J. Hamers, "Enhancement of photochemical grafting of terminal alkenes at surfaces via molecular mediators: The role of surface-bound electron acceptors", Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2008, 112, 5102-5112.
4. X. Wang, P. E. Colavita, K. M. Metz, J. E. Butler and R. J. Hamers, "Direct photopatterning and SEM Imaging of molecular monolayers on diamond surfaces: Mechanistic insights into UV-Initiated molecular grafting", Langmuir, 2007, 23, 11623-11630.
5. W. A. Scrivens, Y. Luo, M. A. Sutton, S. A. Collette, M. L. Myrick, P. Miney, P. E. Colavita, A. P. Reynolds and X. Li, "Development of patterns for digital image correlation measurements at reduced length scales", Experimental Mechanics, 2007, 47, 63-77.
6. W. N. Peng, M. M. Roberts, E. P. Nordberg, F. S. Flack, P. E. Colavita, R. J. Hamers, D. E. Savage, M. G. Lagally and M. A. Eriksson, "Single-crystal silicon/silicon dioxide multilayer heterostructures based on nanomembrane transfer", Applied Physics Letters, 2007, 90.
7. B. Park, P. Paoprasert, I. In, J. Zwickey, P. E. Colavita, R. J. Hamers, P. Gopalan and P. G. Evans, "Functional self-assembled monolayers for optimized photoinduced charge transfer in organic field effect transistors", Advanced Materials, 2007, 19, 4353-+.
8. P. E. Colavita, B. Sun, K. Y. Tse and R. J. Hamers, "Photochemical grafting of n-alkenes onto carbon surfaces: the role of photoelectron ejection", Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2007, 129, 13554-13565.
9. B. Sun, P. E. Colavita, H. Kim, M. Lockett, M. S. Marcus, L. M. Smith and R. J. Hamers, "Covalent photochemical functionalization of amorphous carbon thin films for integrated real-time biosensing", Langmuir, 2006, 22, 9598-9605.
10. H. Kim, P. E. Colavita, K. M. Metz, B. M. Nichols, B. Sun, J. Uhlrich, X. Y. Wang, T. F. Kuech and R. J. Hamers, "Photochemical functionalization of gallium nitride thin films with molecular and biomolecular layers", Langmuir, 2006, 22, 8121-8126.
11. S. E. Baker, P. E. Colavita, K. Y. Tse and R. J. Hamers, "Functionalized vertically aligned carbon nanofibers as scaffolds for immobilization and electrochemical detection of redox-active proteins", Chemistry of Materials, 2006, 18, 4415-4422.
12. P. E. Colavita, P. G. Miney, L. Taylor, R. Priore, D. L. Pearson, J. Ratliff, S. G. Ma, O. Ozturk, D. A. Chen and M. L. Myrick, "Effects of metal coating on self-assembled monolayers on gold. 2. Copper on an oligo(phenylene-ethynylene) monolayer", Langmuir, 2005, 21, 12268-12277.
13. J. M. Seminario, Y. F. Ma, L. A. Agapito, L. M. Yan, R. A. Araujo, S. Bingi, N. S. Vadlamani, K. Chagarlamudi, T. S. Sudarshan, M. L. Myrick, P. E. Colavita, P. D. Franzon, D. P. Nackashi, L. Cheng, Y. X. Yao and J. M. Tour, "Clustering effects on discontinuous gold film NanoCells", Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 2004, 4, 907-917.
14. M. L. Myrick, P. E. Colavita, A. E. Greer, B. Long and D. Andreatta, "Use of molecular symmetry to describe Pauli principle effects on the vibration-rotation spectroscopy of CO2(g)", Journal of Chemical Education, 2004, 81, 379-382.
15. S. A. Collette, M. A. Sutton, P. Miney, A. P. Reynolds, X. D. Li, P. E. Colavita, W. A. Scrivens, Y. Luo, T. Sudarshan, P. Muzykov and M. L. Myrick, "Development of patterns for nanoscale strain measurements: I. Fabrication of imprinted Au webs for polymeric materials", Nanotechnology, 2004, 15, 1812-1817.
16. P. G. Miney, P. E. Colavita, M. V. Schiza, R. J. Priore, F. G. Haibach and M. L. Myrick, "Growth and characterization of a porous aluminum oxide film formed on an electrically insulating support", Electrochemical and Solid State Letters, 2003, 6, B42-B45.
17. M. S. Doescher, U. Evans, P. E. Colavita, P. G. Miney and M. L. Myrick, "Construction of a nanowell electrode array by electrochemical gold stripping and ion bombardment", Electrochemical and Solid State Letters, 2003, 6, C112-C115.
18. M. Stener, G. Fronzoni, D. Toffoli, P. Colavita, S. Furlan and P. Decleva, "Valence and core photoemission in M@C-60 (M = Be, Mg, Ca)", Journal of Physics B-Atomic Molecular and Optical Physics, 2002, 35, 1421-1438.
19. U. Evans, P. E. Colavita, M. S. Doescher, M. Schiza and M. L. Myrick, "Construction and characterization of a nanowell electrode array", Nano Letters, 2002, 2, 641-645.
20. V. Dal Santo, C. Dossi, S. Recchia, P. E. Colavita, G. Vlaic and R. Psaro, "Carbon tetrachloride hydrodechlorination with organometallics-based platinum and palladium catalysts on MgO", Journal of Molecular Catalysis a-Chemical, 2002, 182, 157-166.
21. P. E. Colavita, M. S. Doescher, A. Molliet, U. Evans, J. Reddic, J. Zhou, D. Chen, P. G. Miney and M. L. Myrick, "Effects of metal coating on self-assembled monolayers on gold. 1. copper on dodecanethiol and octadecanethiol", Langmuir, 2002, 18, 8503-8509.
22. G. Fronzoni, P. Colavita, M. Stener, G. De Alti and P. Decleva, "Theoretical study of photoionization processes in Fe(C5H5)(2)", Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 2001, 105, 9800-9812.
23. P. Colavita, G. De Alti, G. Fronzoni, M. Stener and P. Decleva, "Theoretical study of the valence and core photoemission spectra of C-60", Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2001, 3, 4481-4487.
24. J. B. Brubach, A. Mermet, A. Filabozzi, P. Colavita, A. Gerschel and P. Roy, "Infrared investigation of water encapsulated in non ionic reverse micelles", Journal De Physique Iv, 2000, 10, 215-218.
25. G. Vlaic, D. Andreatta, A. Cepparo, P. E. Colavita, E. Fonda and A. Michalowicz, "Estimation of the experimental standard deviations in EXAFS measurements", Journal of Synchrotron Radiation, 1999, 6, 225-227.
26. E. Fonda, D. Andreatta, P. E. Colavita and G. Vlaic, "EXAFS analysis of the L-3 edge of Ce in CeO2: effects of multielectron excitations and final-state mixed valence", Journal of Synchrotron Radiation, 1999, 6, 34-42.
27. G. Vlaic, D. Andreatta and P. E. Colavita, "Characterisation of heterogeneous catalysts by EXAFS", Catalysis Today, 1998, 41, 261-275.